Saturday, June 20, 2009

Basij breaking into people's homes. One of the most horrific things I've heard.






Basij Militia Allegedly Use Axes, Daggers to Attack Iranian Protesters
Witnesses say the militia has unleashed its violence in shadowy nighttime raids, attacking suspected opposition sympathizers with axes, daggers, sticks and other crude weapons.


LiveLeak.com - Young girl being killed by plainclothes
Also absolutely horrifying, with a graphic content warning.


Video: Defiant Khamenei warns Iranian protesters and attacks 'most treacherous' Britain

Iran's Mousavi not planning Saturday protest-ally

Foreign Office protests after Khamenei singles out 'evil Britain'

Protests Are a Real Threat to Iran's Rulers



'The Fear Is Gone'
Please go read it all.

Kaveh from Tabriz: I live in the dorms at Tehran University. I was asleep when Basij militiamen entered my room early Monday morning, demolished everything and started beating us. A man with a long beard broke my notebook and said: "It is destroyed, this book that you were using against Islam and Ahmadinejad."

They beat students more when they saw posters of Mousavi in their rooms. And they carried big knives and guns.

They also attacked the women's dormitory next door. The Supreme Leader calls us rioters, but I want to ask him: How can sleeping women in their beds be rioters? Is this the Islamic justice he believes in?
-----
Alireza in Tehran:My hand was hanging out of the taxi window with a little green ribbon -- the color of the reformists -- tied around my finger. One of the militiamen told me to "throw that ribbon away!" When I refused, 15 people attacked me inside the car. They beat me with their batons and tried to pull me out.

My wife and my daughter who were sitting in the back seat cried and held me tight.
...
Soon we joined the crowd at Enghelab Street. What I saw there was the most magnificent scene I have ever witnessed in my life. The huge numbers of people were marching hand-in-hand peacefully. There were no slogans being shouted. Hands were held up in victory signs with green ribbons. People carried placards which read: silence. Young and old, men and women, rich and poor were marching cheerfully. It was an amazing show of solidarity. I was so proud.
-----
Negin in Tehran :The number of people that participated in the demonstration surprised everyone, but what has fascinated me is their variety. At the beginning I thought this was going to be a fight between the lower class and the middle class. What I saw on Monday changed my mind completely. I saw many women, young and old, covered head-to-toe in black chadors shouting and chanting among the demonstrators and joining the young girls who were sitting on the ground in the middle of the street to stop the Basij militia from walking inside the crowd.

That image will never be wiped away from my mind. The women on the front line with their loose colorful scarves had opened their arms, ready to be killed, while others were beaten by the Basij on the side of the road.
-----
Soudeh in Tehran :I have never seen such a huge number of diverse people protesting in Iran. People are really angry and refuse to be patient. Ahmadinejad's government challenged our honor. How can we trust anything when the government perpetrates such a big lie?
-----
Shahin in Tehran :It was about 1:30 a.m. when I heard windows and doors on our street being smashed one after another. My parents had gone to sleep an hour earlier and I was surfing the Internet to see the latest reactions to Monday's demonstration of Mousavi supporters.
...
The smashing sound came closer and I could hear that my family's apartment door was being attacked. I was really frightened because I had heard that the people who were breaking into houses at night were the plainclothes police who support Ahmadinejad.

I was pacing around my apartment when I heard a massive explosion that woke up everybody in our apartment complex.



Iranian Women Take to the Streets, Calling for More Rights

Spokesman: Mousavi not allowed to communicate

-------

Obama "very concerned" by Khamenei comments
"Very concerned". Well, fuck you very much, President Fly, I can relax now.

Obama's Message To Iran

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Contrast: Iranian Protestors Shot As Obama Goes for Ice Cream
You have to see it.

Mark Steyn: Iran neutrality not an option for Obama

-------

BBC enlisting new satellites to broadcast in Iran
The BBC said Friday it is using two extra satellites to broadcast its Farsi-language service after days of jamming it blamed on Iran, as several Western broadcasters seek to overcome obstacles to transmitting coverage of the country's political turmoil.

***

BBC eyewitness: 'Security everywhere'

Huge rally defies Ayatollah

Fierce Clashes As Police Disperse Protesters In Iranian Capital

Iran police clash with protesters

Iran Election Diary

Iran security forces use tear gas, clubs on protesters, witnesses say



Defiant Tehran Protesters Battle Police

Iranian embassy camera watches protesters in London

Iran Presidential Election 2009
Demotix is a citizen-journalism website and photo agency. It takes user-generated content (UGC) and photographs from freelance journalists and amateurs, and markets them to the mainstream media.

'At least 19 killed by gov't forces in Iran clashes Saturday'
CNN quotes unconfirmed reports of up to 150 dead; Mousavi says he's ready for "martyrdom" as protesters demand end to regime's "dictatorship."

Iran Blames ‘Dirty Zionists;’ Riot Police Gain Upper Hand

Violent clashes in Tehran as Iranian protesters defy Supreme Leader

Iran election: how a week of protest has changed Islamic state for ever

No comments: