Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today's bad news roundup is brought to you by the letter C, the letter J, and the number 7. :)
/irony

Expert Explains High Number of Tornadoes / 2008 could set records for tornado deaths

Massive evacuation in China "quake lake" flood zone

Moderate quake in Iran

Myanmar's junta keeps democracy activist locked up

Gut Superbug Causing More Illnesses, Deaths

And, via lgf: Muslim group to help keep peace in Miami's Overtown. Because it's always a good idea to have outside groups driven by an ideological agenda help with law enforcement, right? I mean, the Nation of Islam is a lovely organization for these guys to be associated with, yes?

***

And on a different, note, I've been studying a lot of the prophets lately, and today was Deborah. She was one cool chica, wasn't she? I think she's my favorite woman in the Bible, and the one I identify with most. It's clear she was respected and had wisdom, as she was a judge in Ephraim. Barak wouldn't do what he was supposed to, and Deborah had to push him into it kicking and screaming. Story of my life. (heh.)

No comments: