Thursday, May 01, 2008

Today, May 1, is the National Day of Prayer.

Almighty God, Maker of Worlds, Father of Truth, Giver of Life, Ancient of Days:

I come before You today thanking You and praising You for what You have done, what You are doing, and what You will do.

Thank You for the gift of Your Son who took my place on Calvary. I praise You that he has overcome death and now sits at Your right hand, and will rule the nations with an iron rod. Thank You for providing for me, for watching over me, even before I was Yours. I praise You for my family, for my friends. Thank You for placing me in a country that allows me to worship You, and thank You for Your hand upon our history.

Lord God, may Your kingdom come and Your will be done. I ask for peace in Your holy city Jerusalem. May those who love her be secure, may there be peace within her walls, and security within her citadels. I ask for Your continuing hand of protection over Israel and her inhabitants; may You continue to bless and uphold her.

Father, I ask You to bless, protect, and watch over Your children around the world. Comfort those in affliction, under persecution. Awaken those who are comfortable, complacent, apathetic. Prepare all of us for what You have in store. Give us the wisdom to help others.

Father, I ask for Your hand of mercy upon the sick, the hurting, the lonely. I ask for Your healing of body, mind, and spirit. I ask for the release of the captives and Your love toward those who mourn.

Forgive me for the times I fail You, O Lord. Remove from me my pride and rebellion, make me into Your servant that I may carry out Your will. Forgive my people, my nation, for sinning against You. I ask for an outpouring of Your Spirit to gather in the harvest while there is time. Bring us to repentance, bring us to You, Father.

Unto You be all glory and majesty and dominion and praise forever and ever. I ask all this in the blessed Name of Jesus our Redeemer, the Lamb of God, the Lion of Judah.

Come, O Lord.

Amen.

No comments: