Thursday, March 13, 2008

Take-your-gun-to-work Law in Florida? Legislature is working on it.

I agree with the AFL-CIO spokesman. (Now there's a sentence I don't write too often!):

The Florida AFL-CIO agrees that the issue isn't about guns but has reached a
different conclusion. A person's Constitutional rights, like having a gun,
shouldn't end when a person enters a business, said Rich Templin, a spokesman
for the AFL-CIO.
"Big corporations are basically saying that your rights as
citizens stop at the boundaries of our property," Templin said. "If you want to
have a job here, you have to give up some rights. If you want to shop here, you
have to give up some rights."


This was a pet peeve of mine where I used to work. It was not a nice neighborhood in a not-so-nice city, and I thought I ought to be able to keep a gun in my car if I wanted to. Of course, that was in Alabama, but I can't do anything about their laws. Florida's, I can.

No comments: