Saturday, March 15, 2008

Apparently, the rising gas prices have begun to cause a panic. At least in my hometown.

gas_pump

Six pumps, all with the same sign. Everyone filling up before the price rises again, or thinking perhaps it's cheaper here than in the next community... Either way, it adds up to a very unsettling situation.

It's not as bad as it could be. I remember the shortages after Katrina, being afraid of being stranded at work or at home because no station around had any gas--it was pretty creepy and scary. I don't think that's where we're headed anytime soon, but I pray we don't have any nasty hurricanes in the Gulf this year. I'd like our well and refineries to stay up and running, thank you very much.

***
Absolutely gorgeous day today. Up to the mid-eighties and breezy. I'll be off to the beach in a couple of weeks! Maybe not in the water, but lying in the sun would be lovely.

No comments: