Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ferraro Offended By Comparison to Pastor Wright

“What this man is doing is he is spewing that stuff out to young people, and to younger people than Obama, and putting it in their heads that it’s OK to say ‘God damn America’ and it’s OK to beat up on white people,” she said. “You don’t preach that from the pulpit.”

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Geraldine Ferraro, of all people, but I am. I guess we're both just typical white people, huh?

ROTFL.

You know, I had thought fairly well of Obama until all this came out. I never would have voted for him, as he's way too liberal, but he seemed like a pretty nice guy, at worst vapid and inexperienced; like Earth, mostly harmless.

Not so much any more. Let's put aside Wright's comments and look at the way Obama handled it: 'the chuch is not that controversial' became 'he's a crazy uncle' became 'I've never heard those kinds of comments and if it's true I denounce them" became 'Yes I heard controversial remarks but it's time to change the subject and move on."

If Hillary weren't his opponent, I think Bill Clinton would be proud of young Barack.

No comments: