Thursday, April 24, 2008

Things that interest me from around teh interwebz...

Global Food Riots (NRO)
Rice Shortages Provoke Panic at Home and Riots Abroad (ABC)
Glitch means you pay for gas you don't get (MSNBC)
China overtakes US as world's biggest user of internet (TimesOnline)

This is just plain scary:
Official: Syrian Nuclear Reactor Was Weeks From Functioning (FOXNews)

I don't recall seeing anything so crazy as the rising food prices. But then, I am still young (despite those crow's feet I see when I smile) and do not have a long view of the world yet.

I suppose if Granny and Grampa could make it through the Depression, we ought to be able to handle a recession, no? It's the people in poorer countries who live on dollars a day that I am concerned about. I can easily make do with less; it's another matter when you have so little to start with. :(

No comments: